Color Theory


Color Study

In my 80's style dance animation I want to portray a silly, playful atmosphere since there isn't much of a story happening. I am relying on the use of objects and color to create an night time  dance aesthetic that seems fun and inviting.

Image result for disco aestheticRelated image
I chose to use lots of bright colors like reds, purples, and greens to create the nighttime almost disco type lighting. I feel that these colors are used to create not only a playful atmosphere, but an energetic one as well. I took inspiration from similar color schemes in images like the ones on the left.

Related imageI feel that these particular colors can compliment the clothes of the character that are already in the scene while still providing the 80's aesthetic I'm aiming to achieve. Not only do I want the character, Theo to pop, I purposefully did not clutter the scene like I normally do because I wanted every object in the scene to be noticed and serve a purpose. I don't want many objects to take away from the few important things in the scene. I tried to use these colors in every object I could to create the desired effect.

Comments

Popular Posts